Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Sigh, it's so quiet today

I'm not even sure I can really explain how it feels to send my children back to school. The house is quiet right now. It's rather unnerving how quiet it is. I do have the guinea pigs and Fluffy to keep me company, but they just don't generate the energy level that four children (8,10,12,& 14) do.

I wonder how their day is going? Do they have friends in their classes (remember how important that was?) or are they stuck with classmates they don't really know? (OK, that last one is a wee bit irrational as our local school system isn't very big, maybe 80-95 in each grade level, of course they have friends in their class). Did they eat all their lunch? Who did they play with at recess? Did they miss me? Oh the worries of a mom left behind.

The ironic thing is that starting at 4:00p.m. today the house will be terrifically loud and busy again. Piano lessons, cross country practice, supper, laundry (I wash & fold, they put away), homework, and the other natural family rhythms & routines we have. I'll have my questions answered and we'll all fall into bed tired ready to go again tomorrow.

For now, it's just me, my worries, some Binky's fudge http://www.etsy.com/shop/SexyStitches and coffee. I'll make it just fine, I always do...

I should go craft!

No comments:

Post a Comment