Wednesday, April 18, 2012

My Crack Quality Control Team (nothing gets by them)


So, I had a brainstorm and put together a new style of bed (see right), but it wasn't quite ready for the shop. There are a few tests each CCC item needs to pass before being ready to sell and I have just the team to do the testing.

Test Number 1, the sows' response:
I put together the bed you see at the right and placed it in with Mumble and Michaela. Those two are huge cuddle cup users and I knew they would be able to figure out what to do with the cuddle nest (name option 1).  Oh boy did they ever! They chewed on the bow and ignored the bed.                                                                                                      Pretty bow: FAIL

So with the bow removed, I put the bed back and my long bodied Michaela bravely crawled in. And proceeded to stay in the basket (name option 2) for the rest of the evening. 
Nap potential:PASS

Test Number 2 the boars' response:      
It seemed worth it to make another one and place it in the boar's capable hands, err paws. If Pumpkin and Spice can fit inside and the bed ( name choice 3, OK not really) holds up to their unique style of testing. They should be ready for the washing machine test.
Pumpkin fits!
Even more impressively, Spice fits! Spice is our largest guinea pigs and rarely uses tunnels or burrow bags. He cannot fit into my regular cuddle cups; he's just a big boy!


Boar fit test: PASS

Interestingly enough, my QC team came up with another way to use these beds! Pumpkin and Spice will often flip their tents and sleep on them like that, so I don't know why I didn't see this coming:

Versatility test: PASS

Two wee little notes:
1. I didn't include a picture of Mumble in a nest bed. She likes hers and will sleep in it, but as our senior 5 year old she tends to look for easier places to rest. She finds them just a wee bit harder to climb into.That might be good to keep in mind with your herd. 

2. You can see lots o'poop in my pictures and my herd is not litter trained. Don't misunderstand, I'm not apologizing; their cages are cleaned out daily, but poop happens. Apparently a lot.
I have NO IDEA why they do cute things when their cage is so messy. ;-)

2 comments:

  1. Your Quality Control team is adorable, and they sure look like they enjoyed the testing process!

    ReplyDelete